Saturday 26 June 2010

My analysis of football (on wine)

A terrible travesty, if there ever was one, to have burdened the earth and poisoned our minds... Unlike wine.

I wrote on last fm...
"haha. I'd rather listen to about three tracks of godspeed... (around 90min, funnily enough) than watch football... I genuinly can't stand the attachment of a team to a country.... it makes no sense.. just cus they're called england does not mean they represent engand... thats like me whacking an AA badge on myself gettin hammered, killing a prostitute and then having people blame AA for sobriety induced stress."

then i giggled...

Sport is great. Sure, i'll give you that one. Definitely two thumbs up for entertainment and competition. But the climactic juncture of football induced frenzy, frothing mouthed people, is enough for me to "thumb-down" signalling, kill this awful abomination of satan-spawn stricken puke piece.

Here are my personal grievances, listed, numerically, for you:

1. Football has been obsessively bought into, which makes sense considering the size of the market, but this means mental rape every time i go near a media source.

2. The attachment of England (the team) as England (the country) and the ensuing nationalism... my team my country blablabla. The same approach goes for more local football clubs...
epitomized by the language "we beat them" as though our locality somehow connects us.

i wish it did.

3. they are paid to much. Based on basic supply and demand... they don't - but concerning the extent of world problems.... >> they should get paid faaaar less.

4. It's boring.


i don't think i even have that many points... and i don't think i even have a problem with football that much... just

GET OVER IT.


the wineage is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try to be open and say something that matters =)